Friday, October 10, 2008

Jumbo Post

This is what happened when I tried to help Ryan perfect his fine motor skills by having him color, with colored pencils, a picture of Blue from Blue's Clues (who happens to be a girl...did everyone else know that?). Plan backfired. I turned my head for what I suppose was a rather long minute and I'm pretty sure he reached the box of markers and ate one.

Ryan helped me bake a carrot cake the other day by emptying out the entire tupperware cabinet for me. He did such a great job, I let him lick the spatula when I was done frosting the cake. I think he inherited my sweet tooth because his face lit up when he tasted it!


Grandma Miller wanted to do Macey's hair after her bath the other day. Voila!

Snug as a bug! Macey LOVES her swing and that means that I LOVE her swing too :)


I have a lot of pictures of her in the swing...I think in this pictures she's rubbing it in that she kept me up all night and then she got to sleep all day.

I thought this General Conference was great, and it's the first one I didn't fall asleep during, in...I don't know, ever probably. We went to our friends' house to watch it and Ryan enjoyed their toys as much as Scott and I enjoyed conference. It was a win-win situation.

We ran down to the park for a break between sessions. At the park, Ryan ran away to the basketball court where he found a lone basketball sitting in the grass. It made his day. Shortly thereafter, we realized that we were being followed at an uncomfortably close distance, by a teenager that appeared out of nowhere. It turns out that it was his abandoned ball that Ryan was playing with and he wanted it back. Bummer.

Just some fun outside.

Ryan has added football to his sports repetoire and he has learned how to hike a football. He usually uses his little one and got frustrated because the full-sized ball was too big to fit through his legs. Pretty cute anyway!!

6 comments:

Amber said...

i love the new pictures!!! i'm also happy that the blanket i made you made an appearance on your blog :)

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Am I going to get to meet Macey in person?? Remember I'm coming to GR in a week and a half. Do you think you guys will be able to come? I would love to see you guys! We're going to try to do something Halloweeny on Friday possibly with Erin Phillips and her 2 kids and if you are in town you are totally invited.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love the pictures. Macey has so much hair - I am so jealous -Camden has peach fuzz with a mullet in the back:) Looks like life is going great!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Those kids are so cute! They are growiung so fast. Very cute post! I had to laugh at your comment on our blog. Those are the pictures of days I actually get ready for special occasions. Every other day is just a typical pony tail and little-no make up day! I don't realyy post those! I suppose it's deceiving.

Garth Aamodt D.C. said...

Hey Katie;

I saw your comment on Evan and Erin's blog site and stopped by to see your growing family. Congrats on everything. It's so neat seeing the rising generation. I remember when you were still a kid yourself, and playing Ghost all the way to Palmyra on the tour bus with you, Amber and Naomi. Hard to believe so much has transpired in so few years. Now your own family, growing so wonderfully. Also of course my own kids, now with 3 grandbabies of my own. And seeing all my dear friends of your generation, so well on their way on that wonderful adventure of parenthood. Those days go so fast. You're old before you know where the time went. Cherish it! Great catching up on your family news. God bless!

Garth Aamodt

it's just lisa said...

Hey Guys! Just found your blog... where have you been hiding? wink wink. Your children are so beautiful!

Lisa