Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Woes of Motherhood

I have been blessed with great sleeping babies...until recently. One week of all of us being sick was all it took to regress to baby-just-came-home-from-the-hospital sleeping patterns. Take tonight for instance. I give the exhausted kids their baths and put them to bed at the typical 7pm. Usually, it would be sing a song, say a prayer, tuck them in bed... 3 minutes, tops. I then skip down the steps singing silent 'yippees' in my head after surviving yet another day. Tonight, after 59 minutes of rocking, frustrated lullaby singing, screaming/crying (by them), and a pounding headache...they're STILL AWAKE.

7 comments:

Amber said...

oh man...I'm sorry.

it's just lisa said...

Sleep is like gold when you're a mom! Sometimes I think that heaven MUST be a big soft bed in the quiet sky. Please don't tell me otherwise.

Hope your cute babies get back to sleeping regularly.

Jeff and Michelle Galovan said...

oh im sorry! I have been having one of those weeks too! Oh the woes of winter bugs!

Logan and Lisa said...

Katie- I had no idea you had a blog until I looked down at the bottom of my blog and saw that you had visited my page.(: Glad we can stay in touch a little better because I'm not that good about getting on facebook. Anyway your two kids are so cute. Looks like your doing well.

Liz said...

You know, I think it it harder when they do that when they are normally such good sleepers. My little guy has been going through issues with naps for several weeks now. I guess there is just the hope that it will get better...Good luck!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I am so sorry! I hope you all feel better soon :)

Anonymous said...

I have been there! I am glad someone else has silent yippees too:)! Hope tomorrow is better!