Friday, May 30, 2008

Updates

Now a list of things that have happened over the past 2 months that I didn't manage to take pictures of:

1. A trip to Georgia to see my brother who just came back from Iraq
2. A trip to Michigan
3. We painted the babies' room and completely redecorated Michaela's
4. Ryan's first trip to the zoo
5. Ryan's first time at the park
6. A perfectly wonderful Mother's Day
7. Our Memorial Day picnic at the lake

Here are some random facts about Ryan:
1. He has 9 teeth (2 molars- those were terrible nights)
2. He talks like CRAZY. I don't know what he's saying half the time, but it must be something interesting because he gets really excited about it
3. His favorite thing in the whole world is his Teddy. Maybe one of these days I'll actually get a picture of him with Teddy. I'm surprised I haven't yet because he rarely puts it down. My sister got him a onesie that says "Me and Teddy...we're tight". It is so perfect and cute.
4. He loves Playhouse Disney. I mistakingly put him in his high chair with the laptop in front of him one day (so I could make dinner in peace) and turned Playhouse Disney on. Now, he begs to get in his high chair so he can watch it all the time now. I guess it could be worse...
5. He is still not walking! He'll take a few steps but then just gets down and crawls to whatever he wants. He'll walk for awhile next to to me if I hold his hand. He's got about 9 weeks to figure out how to walk all the time, because I can't carry two around!
6. He adores his daddy. In the morning when I get him out of his crib, I take him into our room to see Scott. When he sees him he says, "Daddy!" and jumps down to give him a big hug. It is really sweet. He doesn't do that for me :( In fact, I'm pretty much chopped liver when Scott is around!! He's a daddy's boy!
7. His favorite game is to play catch with a basketball or football (full-sized...they're both almost as big as he is)
8. He got his first black eye! He fell and hit a rubbermaid box while walking a little bit. No wonder he would rather crawl :)

In just 9 weeks (after a really LONG pregnancy) we'll finally have our yet-to-be-named little girl! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I loved reading your updates! That is so cute that he loves basketball! You are so close to having your little girl! only 11 weeks left and a few days. Crazy! You guys look great!

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Yes Katie, you are the worlds worst blogger, haha. But it totally made my day to see your new post. I check all the time to see if you have prego pics of you. I guess its not as cool to see yourself fat the second time around? No you look great. And Ryan is adorable! Anyway, I love you and miss you. Hope you're doing well.

M & S Eagar said...

Hey Katie-

Ryan is such a cutie! I'm sure he'll walk soon. And I'm here to tell you that each pregnancy seems and feels longer than the previous one. My theory is that it's because you have more other children to tend. Anyway, hang in there! :)