Monday, November 9, 2009

Life

I love living with a two year old. He says so many funny things. I should write them all down because they are so hard to remember. But here is a glimpse of the everyday Millers...and what makes life so fun! Sorry the formatting is so weird. For some reason, blogger kept deleting the spaces I put between each conversation, so I had to go the old bold/non-bold route. Hope it's not too confusing.

Before bed the other night:
Scott: Tomorrow is Saturday, Ryan. I can't wait to play with you.
Ryan: I'm not a toy dad!
Me: Macey...you are so goofy!
Ryan: And I'm Mickey Mouse!
On our way to church the Sunday after Halloween:
Ryan: I love church! I get candy!
Scott: Well, we only get candy at trunk-or-treat...that was a special day.
Ryan: Oh. So no candy?
Scott: Nope.
Ryan: (Pouts in the backseat) I want to go home and play with Cole then.
Sunday someone in church gave a talk and mentioned an old neighbor of his named Ryan who made the decision to go back to school to finish his degree:
Ryan: That guy is talking about me, dad!!
Us: (chuckle)
Ryan: (gasp) I'm going to school...on a BUS?
Me to Scott: He's listening?!
Ryan and Scott were wrestling and when Scott was done Ryan wanted me to lift him up...throw him up in the air, etc.
Me: I can't play like that...I'm not as strong as daddy is.
Ryan: Do you need to exercise more?
Me: Ryan...why arent you eating your breakfast?
Ryan: (completely distraught) I don't want to be a big boy...I want to stay little!!!
Me: Ryan, why did you push Macey off the step?
Ryan: (Shrugging with his arms up) Well...because she was in my way.
Ryan: Remember, Macey, don't touch the fire (in the fireplace)...it will cook you like a hot dog. Or Macaroni n cheese.
Dog next door: BARK BARK BARK BARK
Ryan: Ugh. I HATE that stupid dog.
Me: (Smiling innocently) Oops... :)
Me: Ryan...what are you and Macey playing with?
Ryan: (running over to show me two balls) These.
Ryan: Can we play with these mom?
Me: Yes, Ryan. Of course you can play with your balls.

4 comments:

JoshandJen said...

I was cracking up laughing,I can't believe how much Ryan is talking, your kids are so cute. I can't wait till Justin starts talking, hopefully he will take off now since he had his surgery.

Amber said...

i was laughing out loud and quinn ran over to see why i was laughing so hard. she insisted that i read out loud what you wrote. she also laughed her little head off, but i'm certain she has no idea why. your kids are great :)

it's just lisa said...

1.That is pretty darn funny!!
2. I wish I knew how to fix bloggers annoying spacing problem, too.
3. I love your family photo. It turned out really nice. We are going this Saturday for a first ever family photo. Pray for us;)
4. We are coming to Ohio for Thanksgiving!! Would love to see you guys.

Charity said...

I read all of these out loud to Derek. We laughed and laughed :)