Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,


I am telling you this now because I might forget in 9 months. Next year I want the biggest, baddest, blowiest snowblower you can find. Because I am never shoveling that much snow again. I will never go out and shovel 3 times a day for a week again. I think my baby hates me and I know my back hates me. The only good thing was that I guiltlessly counted that as my workout for 5 days straight.


While I am making requests, I have a few people I would like you to add to your naughty list.


1. The 3 neighbors with snowblowers who rushed to the woman's aid because her snowblower ran out of gas mid-driveway. Nevermind pregnant lady blazing a trail with nothing but a shovel through the 18 inches of snow.


2. The 6 year old neighbor girl who thought it was funny to throw snowballs at me during one of my shoveling escapades. Then eagerly jumped in the 5 foot snowpile that I had already shoveled only to have it tumble back into the driveway. Lame, neighbor girl. Lame.


3. The snowplow who keeps minimalizing my obsessive efforts to keep my driveway clear of even one snowflake by creating a 2 foot barricade at the end of my driveway.


4. Whichever neighbor it is that I now know lets their dog pee in my yard on walks.


ps. I know that picture might look like a light dusting but that was the part of the driveway I had already shoveled! There was already another inch by the time Ifinished!! This was after the snowstorm was supposedly over.

3 comments:

JoshandJen said...

I am so sorry you had to shovel so much, I did the same thing once, and that was it for me, I considered that one time a workout, but I didnt want to go into labor way early, its a good thing you didn't! This post was funny to read with how you worded things, but NOT that you had to go through it :)

Amber said...

oh man.. I don't think you should be out there shoveling...

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I feel so bad for you! Be careful out there!