Wednesday, March 11, 2009

To Be a Kid Again

Wouldn't it be great to be a kid again?

If I was tired...I would sleep


If I thought I did a really good job on the Wii (even though I wasn't even really playing) I would cheer for myself...
If I thought my handprint was the cooler than yours, I would say so

I would tell my mom that makeshift timeouts before bathtime don't work because I will just raid her bookshelf for a great novel and then jump back on the bed before she notices.

But the next time I would just admit defeat and put myself in timeout when I hit my sister.

I would attack my biter biscuit as if it were drenched in chocolate.

And on the rare occasion it was drenched in chocolate, I wouldn't complain!

I would make my sister's day by sharing my race car...but then I would quickly find her something else to play with because I would want it back.

I would pull my mom's hair over and over....

And then laugh about it for a really long time because I know she loves me too much to get mad!

Ahh...life is so good!

6 comments:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

I LOVE this post! You're so right, oh to be a kid again. I would let my parents plan the vacations, clean the house, fix the meals, and even wash and dry my hair.

And you know I remember ALL of our memories, its just that that was the one that applied at the time. But I will try to incorporate more memories into future posts :) lol

Amber said...

cute new pictures!! ryan is looking so grown up! i can't believe he was sleeping in his high chair!!

it's just lisa said...

That is so cute. Great pictures and you really captured the great life of a kid:)

David and Rachel said...

What an adorable post! You are just too clever Katie Miller and those kids of yours are just too cute!!

BabyWolfe said...

HA HA, there's a lot of truth in these pictures...isn't it funny how we don't appreciate it until we are too old to enjoy being a kid anymore...getting pushed around in the stroller at the store, nap times and play all day long! You wish there were a way to go back and take it all in or wish your little one could understand just how good they have it! Ahhh, the irony of life. Being a parent is truly a blessing. And your kids are so so so precious, take care!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I just wish I could remember those good old days better. They are both so cute.