Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Very Un-merry Christmas Present

After reading everyone's comments/emails about Macey's hair acknowledging how much of it she has, I realized that I never shared the story of our unmerry Christmas present. When we were in Michigan for the holidays, Macey lost all of her adorable hair...all in 5 days time. I tried blaming it on the mesh siding of the pack n' play...because i brushed it too much, blah blah. Truth is, it was time for it to go. I am having a surprisingly difficult time with it because she looks like a balding old man. For awhile, and in most of these pictures, she had really long hair on the sides and NOTHING in the back. Well, I can admit when my kid looks bad and she looked BAD. So this week she got a long overdue haircut. She looks cute again, but I can't seem to avoid the Donald Trump combover and side wings. So I am basically traumatized by the experience and will just sit, rather impatiently, until it decides to grow back. But until then, pictures of Macey may be few...unless she looks like this:
Just kidding. But let's just take a look at the horrendous process that has taken place:

Look at her ridiculously cute hair...


Which over the course of 6 months turned into this...EEK...
And this.... (sad)


And finally...this. It's the best I can do.


On a happier note, here are some cute pictures we've taken recently:

Ryan and Grandpa Miller were dancing around last weekend wearing matching hats and sunglasses. For Grandpa's sake, I won't post the video :)

He is so cute...even when he is chasing me around with the ball popper!

Storytime. I love how Macey's little hand is reaching up to grab the book. Ryan was getting pretty annoyed because she kept grabbing his feet. But he didn't throw a vaseline jar at her this time. What a good big brother.

Finally he gave up reading and decided he wanted to try walking around with Macey. She doesn't think it's quite as funny as Scott and Ryan do.

Jenn and Steph, this one is for you:

4 comments:

M & S Eagar said...

baby girls and their hair can be quite traumatic for us moms. :)

At least it's Winter and the season for cute hats!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

What is with baby's hair??? Cade has one big muff on the top and that's it. He was born with curly hair on top and a mullet (which I promptly trimmed), then lost his curl, and now the hair on top sticks straight up. Poeple are constanly asking me if I purpously do his hair that way. What other option do I have than just going with the flow? Macey looks darling and the new cut is very cute!

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

lol...she's still so cute! And thats what Jade's hair looked like for the first 9 months I think. Its finally filling in. But don't worry, it will come back.

Hayley said...

I thought it was about time I checked your blog out and it is just as cute and funny as I imagined it to be :) It doesn't matter if that little Macey has hair or not- nothing could keep her from being so stinkin' adorable!! and that face Ryan was making when you were trying to take the picture of him and Macey- oh, that is priceless! See you soon!